Weird question??

  • motie_d
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 12:17 PM
      I assume most people on the list do their best NOT to produce Fusel
      Oils, or at least keep them to a minimum. I need to know what you do
      to keep them to a minimum, and what could I do differently if I
      wanted to drastically INCREASE them?
      Different Yeast? Different temp of ferment? Lower or higher PH?
      I have a potential market that is a MUCH better price than Ethanol.
      The foreshots is worth more than the rest of the wash. How can I
      increase them?

      I told you this would be a weird question.

      Motie
    • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2 1:40 PM
        > The foreshots is worth more than the rest of the wash. How can I
        > increase them?

        If you're specifically after say acetone or methanol, fermentation might not be the best way of going about it. There may be far easier & higher yield chemical reaction methods to use.

        Tony