Re: [Distillers] flavoring vodka

  • fatbloke@gmx.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29 10:50 PM
      The easiest way is to try some of the commercial flavourings that are out there.

      Prestige/Ambrosia brand or Still Spirits brand are what I use.....

      I'm quite partial to the Cherimoya flavouring, especially if the vodka is then served with a cream soda mixer :-P

      From: "Slingshot" <slange22@...>
      Sender: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 05:16:37 -0000
      To: <Distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Distillers] flavoring vodka

      I recently visited a distillery and sampled some flavored vodkas that I would like to attempt...They weren't willing to give out much information, but I did find out they steep in some fruits at 190 proof. my question is would they carbon filter at 190 prior, or filter after steeping, which seems like it would remove all desired flavors. I guess what I am getting at, is how does a person create some of the incredible vodka flavors that are out there?