Re: AD???

  • donna ricketts
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 13, 2012
      You Guys think ATF is doing this, just kidding something will be posted soon I hope just like BBQ be Low & Slow.....Popcorn said "F---Y--"
    • tgfoitwoods
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 13, 2012
        It went down yesterday morning (my time) and was showing an "expired domain registration" message. It came back on for a while, and now I just get "server not found".

        Damn. That's like waking up one morning to find you only have one foot, and it's the other one.

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "geoff burrows" <jeffrey.burrows@...> wrote:

        > I can connect OK

      • Ion Brown
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 13, 2012
          you guys think you have problems ! ! !..........I don't even know what AD means

          Ion
        • made_it_myself
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 13, 2012
            I just tried it and it works for me, however it is so long since I logged on I have forgotten my user name.

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Henk" <hstuurman@...> wrote:

            > I cannot connect to the AD-forum, anyone else have the same problems??
            >
            > Henk

          • geoff burrows
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 13, 2012

              Hi ion,

                   AD  means Advanced Distillers and is an advanced distillers forum that caters for those of us that are past the "newbee" stage, and  have a quite a few runs under our belts.

                   It also assumes you have a good working knowledge of the distilling concepts of ”Reflux” and “Pot” distilling.  This is gained by a lot of hands on practical work on your part and a hell of a lot of reading and I mean a lot(and more importantly understanding exactly what it is, you are reading and if you don't understand, don't be afraid to ask on the "New Distillers Forum")

              Geoff

            • Henk
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 14, 2012
                And she is back again...hip hip

                --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Henk" <hstuurman@...> wrote:

                > I cannot connect to the AD-forum, anyone else have the same problems??
                >
                > Henk

              • Ion Brown
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 14, 2012
                  Geoff,

                  Many thanks for the heads up.

                  I have been a member of this AD group for approximately eight years, and haven't come across this abbreviation to my knowledge so thanks for your help.

                  I was in the Army for a while and they are very good at abbreviations.
                  One day the RSM came storming out of his office ranting and raving about signal he had just received. The message was just full of abbreviations, I think someone in HQ set him up.
                  He was an ex-vet and had seen a lot of AD (active duty also used for armored division)

                  Im still learning, or is it forgetting , anyway I appreciate the help

                  Ion
                • jvb
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 14, 2012
                    No, AD stands for Artisan Distillers, and the website - http://www.artisan-distiller.net - is for everyone, including beginners.