Fuel

  • ballard_bootlegger
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2012
      Thinking of toying around with some ethanol fuel. I understand some of the issues and conversions that need to be done to the vehicle. It seems to me there needs to be some type of dying or preparation of the ethanol before using it for fuel, any advice I can get on this would be greatly appreciated.

      What do I need to do to the ethanol to use it as fuel?

      What is the minimum ABV for this to work?

      Thanks!

      Whitney.
    • Peggy Korth
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2012
        Hello Whitney,

        Join us at alcoholfuel@yahoogroups.com and most of your fuel ethanol
        questions will be answered. Actually they already are answered in the
        archives, but it is always nice to get a new slant on what is happening.

        Re: drying... optional depending on your goals.

        The greatest preparation will be with the feedstock. Your personal use will
        depend on your needs. Commercial fuel is regulated. Lots to learn and the
        distiller's group can be the best for distilling advice. For fuel
        questions, we feel pretty good about our fuel ethanol group.

        Peggy
        www.sustainabletechsys.com