Re: How Hot?

  • David
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 25 4:42 PM
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ballard_bootlegger" <whitney@...> wrote:

      > How many BTU's does one need to heat a 600 gallon boiler in reasonable time?

      Well, yea... how hot do you want it go, and how fast? Here is some info for you... 1 BTU will raise the temperature of 1 pound of water 1 deg. F. 1 gallon weighs approx. 8 pounds. Also, 1 BTU = .29 watt hours, so you can also calculate the watt hours needed. (1 pound of water = approx. .12US gallons.
      Have fun with the math!
      (If you want to be a technonurd about this, you also have to figure in heat losses from the boiler and heating devices.) I need a drink.
    • White Bear
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 25 5:26 PM
        What do you consider a reasonable time??

        How many BTU's does one need to heat a 600 gallon boiler in reasonable time?