Re: Any Way to Measure Alcohol AFTER Caramel Has Been Added?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 19 11:45 AM
      You need to re-distill a small sample with a benchtop glass lab still, collect the distillate and adjust it back to the original sample volume with pure water. Then measure the alcohol with the appropriate range alcoholometer. This is extremely accurate (+- 0.02%) and is the method used by the TTB in the USA for taxation purposes.

      http://www.ttb.gov/foia/gauging_manual_toc.shtml#27:1.0.1.1.25.4.504.1