Re: [Distillers] Grain Sorghum Whiskey

  • Chris Jude
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2012
      I'm not aware of it, but I do have a bunch of grain from my sweet sorghum harvest.  I'd be interested in trying it!

      chris

      On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 4:35 AM, hugh harnett <hugh.harnett@...> wrote:

      Hi, I was wondering is anybody had tried making whisky from grain sorghum, (i.e. not sweet sorghum) before? Here in South Africa, a malted sorghum is used as part of traditional African beer (Basically cornmeal + malted sorghum allowed to ferment) and its very easy to get a hold of cheaply (unlike malted barley).

      I am keen to give it a try, just wondered if anybody had tried it before?

      Thanks!

      Hugh

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2012
        Also -