Copper geyser / waterheater

  • hugh harnett
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2012
      Hi,

      Me again thought it appropriate to put this under another title thread. I was given an old copper geyser, and am thinking of using it as a still (150 to 200l capacity, by my rough reckoning). I vaguely recall reading somewhere that there is a problem with using the copper from geysers - was I imagining it?

      Thanks a million!
    • hugh harnett
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2012
        Sorry, just saw I posted to Distillers, not New Distillers, apologies if the queries are too basic!

      • mtrevor@lantic.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 8, 2012
          Hi Hugh Copper is copper so no problem there.If there is any solder containing lead it would need to be removed and resoldered with lead free solder or higher melting point silver solder.
          Trevor