Re: [Distillers] Peach Neat

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2011
      The best I have done so far is with cling free peaches in heavy syrup. Take one or two cans juice and all and pour into 1/2 gallon mason jar. Mix in good nuetral white dog to your strength. I also put in 1/4 cup white sugar and 1/4 cup of brown sugar.  Let sit in icebox for a week or so. Lot of people like it, too sweet for me.

      BigPa

      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on.
      I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
      by J. B. Books
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2011

        Got to concentrate the flavours somehow.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2011

          Thats interesting. To be honest Im interested in flavor more than using the actual fruit so thats a new thought. Maybe even Nehi softdrink could be the "secrect" ingredient. Thanks for sharing.

          Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 6, 2011
            I've done that with peaches, the results were lovely. Strongly recommended!

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "hugh harnett" <hugh.harnett@...> wrote:

            > Have you tried, macerating peaches in your vodka and re-distilling it? Basically you are making a flavoured vodka along the same lines as making gin. I have had a lot of success with raspberries and other fruit (albeit not peaches)that way.
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Hugh

          • Adam Fordham
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 7, 2011

              I didn't try canned peaches because they never taste peachy enough for me. Maybe redistilling would make the flavor stronger.