Re: [Distillers] Re: How to make your own distilling parrot

  • jim horton
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 22, 2011
      i dont understand, i have an air gap before mine. where does the surge come from?

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 23, 2011
        Take the foreshots off before connecting the parrot.

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew" <andrew@...> wrote:

        > This will be a very useful addition but one question arises - how does one
        > take off the undesirable foreshots if they are all in the Parrot container?
        > Does it mean that you have to discard twice the volume to make sure that all
        > the unwanted stuff is discarded?
        >

        > Kind regards,
        >

        > Andrew Guzowski

      • Thursty2
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 23, 2011

          > See -
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/6wr7lgj
          >
          > wal

          Of course all the parrot beaks in the world aren't going to provide an accurate reading if the temperature of the ethanol in the parrot beak's cylinder is not monitored.

          thursty2
        • Steve MacEwan
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 24, 2011

            Small bore copper filling large spirit chamber before the take-off.  In the drawing it looks like 3/8" to me.  Too small IMO.
            Maybe OK for 2 or 3 DPS, but I use a 4" still and take 6L per hour, it also has an atmosphere vent after the condenser...

            I have a drawing I'll post it up as soon as I work out how to...

            Hope it helps...  Steve...