Re: Looking for an alterntive to Milehigh distillers

  • tlavielle
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2011
      Rex,

      The Amphora Society has a great column, that is truly engineered. Mike Macaw and Mike Nixon wrote one of the more popular and earliest books out there, so you know that they know what they are doing.

      I have a PDA-1 with their stock pot system, and am very happy with it. They are designed for making pure alcohol, but if you run it inefficiently you can make very good whiskey. The equipment is compact and simple. I know they sell a "column extender" that allows you to run at twice the wattage (1500). I would highly recommend this equipment.

      As with many things in life, you get what you pay for.

      Todd