Re: Coloum Packing

  • Thursty2
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15, 2011
      In short, about 17 or so actual scrubbers per 1m column.
      Good but brief discussion here: (Scroll down to Scrubbers section)

      http://homedistiller.org/#ss

      Full credit to Tony Ackland and his site.

      Cheers

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "whizkeysipin" <whizkeysipin@...> wrote:

      > I use copper mesh I order offline. Anyone know if packing tightly versus loosely works best.? Not so tight as to build up pressure mind you but is there a sweet spot.?

    • Thursty2
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 15, 2011
        Forgot to add a link to my "push stick".
        Graduated to 17 equal spaces for my 1100mm (1.1M) column.
        I poke a "teased" scrubber into the column, and then push until it's number comes up, repeat until all 17 are fitted.

        http://goo.gl/uoRfm