Coloum Packing

  • whizkeysipin
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 14, 2011
      I use copper mesh I order offline. Anyone know if packing tightly versus loosely works best.? Not so tight as to build up pressure mind you but is there a sweet spot.?
    • geoff burrows
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 14, 2011
        Just pack it in enough so that you can blow through it easily
        Geoff
      • Thursty2
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 15, 2011
          In short, about 17 or so actual scrubbers per 1m column.
          Good but brief discussion here: (Scroll down to Scrubbers section)

          http://homedistiller.org/#ss

          Full credit to Tony Ackland and his site.

          Cheers

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 15, 2011
            Forgot to add a link to my "push stick".
            Graduated to 17 equal spaces for my 1100mm (1.1M) column.
            I poke a "teased" scrubber into the column, and then push until it's number comes up, repeat until all 17 are fitted.

            http://goo.gl/uoRfm