How to make sloe gin

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2011
      How to make sloe gin

      http://tinyurl.com/3susc4e

      wal
    • edbar44
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2011
        I believe this has been asked before but not sure because I couldn't find anything that pertains.

        Been in the hobby for almost 4 years and have tried and experimented with many things. This past summer I did a few runs and was very pleased with the performance and output. I had a batch of 20% sitting and settling out for the past month so figured I'd run it. Initial results were dismal. I started getting 92% which is at least 3% lower than my previous runs. It had been raining and the temperature was down in the 60's. How much affect do atmospheric conditions have on the output? I'm thinking due to the relative humidity of nearly 100% that my distillate was pulling some water out of the air. Any comments?

        Another thing I've noticed and have no idea what the reason might be but I'm running the balance of the batch today and my initial results were 93% and it isn't raining BUT if I put my catch receptacle ON ICE in another container and test the product I'm nearly at 95% with the temperature correction of the cooler distillate.

        Any comments or scientific input would be appreciated.