Re: [Distillers] Looking for an alterntive to Milehigh distillers

  • Adam Fordham
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 10, 2011
    • arsene_hanoi
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 30, 2011
        there is me www.stainlessstuff.net
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Rex's" <rex210_1999@...> wrote:

        > are there any other companies out there makeing a reflux tower? thanks

      • Neil Reeve-Newson
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 30, 2011
          I own homedistillingequipment.com and we'd love to make you a custom
          reflux tower. Other then my site, these are well known for quality
          products:

          home-distilling.com
          Coppermoonshinestills.com

          --
          Sent from my mobile device

          Neil Reeve-Newson
          *Social Media Strategist*
          *LinxSmart Inc.*
          Hamilton: 905.385.0546 ext.20
          Toronto: 416.800.1225 ext. 20
          linxsmart.com

          <http://www.linxsmart.com/>*Join us on: *
          Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/LinxSmartInc> |
          Twitter<http://twitter.com/linxsmartinc>|
          YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/user/LinxSmartInc> |
          LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/linxsmart>
          If you're really feeling daring, friend me:
          http://www.facebook.com/neil.reevenewson<http://www.facebook.com/neil.reevenewson%20>
        • Max Norton
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 31, 2011
            Try brewhaus.com

            Don't mess with the old dogs... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
          • Clarence
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 3, 2011
              I don't respond much here but looking at your link I'd say you're selling junk. \\

              Buyer beware!!!

              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Neil Reeve-Newson <homedistillingequipment123@...> wrote:

              > I own homedistillingequipment.com and we'd love to make you a custom
              > reflux tower. Other then my site, these are well known for quality
              > products:
              >
              > home-distilling.com
              > Coppermoonshinestills.com
              >
              > On 10/30/11, arsene_hanoi <ragnagna75012@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > there is me www.stainlessstuff.net
              > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Rex's" <rex210_1999@> wrote:
              > >>
              > >> are there any other companies out there makeing a reflux tower? thanks
              > >>

              > --
              > Sent from my mobile device
              >
              > Neil Reeve-Newson
              > *Social Media Strategist*
              > *LinxSmart Inc.*
              > Hamilton: 905.385.0546 ext.20
              > Toronto: 416.800.1225 ext. 20
              > linxsmart.com
              >
              > <http://www.linxsmart.com/>*Join us on: *
              > Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/LinxSmartInc> |
              > Twitter<http://twitter.com/linxsmartinc>|
              > YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/user/LinxSmartInc> |
              > LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/linxsmart>
              > If you're really feeling daring, friend me:
              > http://www.facebook.com/neil.reevenewson<http://www.facebook.com/neil.reevenewson%20>

            • pint_o_shine
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 4, 2011
                The first poster to this thread didn't say what country you were looking to buy from but that may make a lot of difference in the answers you get.

                I own Artisan Resources, LLC. I can make you anything from low end old school equipment up to full commercial stuff. Also artisancopperworks.com is supplying some really great equipment.
                I am not directly associated with that group of great fellows but I can represent them. Of course artisancopperworks and I may be a bit more commercial than you are looking for. In addition I offer training and build automation equipment for the distilling industry.
                I apologize for sounding like a big advertisement but you asked for sources other than Milehigh.

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 4, 2011
                  Gentlemen,

                  I do appreciate the honesty and I totally agree with Max's statement that age and skill always come before youth and treachery. However, in this day of online reviews and transparent information, it's very difficult for legit companies to get away with selling bad product or have terrible customer service (especially online companies) without suffering.

                  Arsene, by joining this group is already doing his diligence in asking the experts for advice. There's an abundance of info floating around out there and I'm sure he'll make a wise and educated decision.

                  Thx,
                  Neil
                • tlavielle
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 4, 2011
                    Rex,

                    The Amphora Society has a great column, that is truly engineered. Mike Macaw and Mike Nixon wrote one of the more popular and earliest books out there, so you know that they know what they are doing.

                    I have a PDA-1 with their stock pot system, and am very happy with it. They are designed for making pure alcohol, but if you run it inefficiently you can make very good whiskey. The equipment is compact and simple. I know they sell a "column extender" that allows you to run at twice the wattage (1500). I would highly recommend this equipment.

                    As with many things in life, you get what you pay for.

                    Todd

                    --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Rex's" <rex210_1999@...> wrote:

                    > are there any other companies out there makeing a reflux tower? thanks

                  • shane clayton
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 4, 2011

                      Apologies in advance

                      I’m a bit the same here as well, I looked at what is there and I agree it looks like stuff knocked up in someone’s garage – (garbage) at overly inflated prices for what is on offer.

                      Sorry if this comes across offensive