Re: [Distillers] Someone PLEASE Help SOON..

  • Mark Deloach
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10 4:03 PM
      Harry

         The brand I have is in a 2 pack called “Quickie”  I bought them at Wal-Mart at least 3 years ago when I made my still.  I took some cutters and cut though a piece and saw no discoloration as if they were just copper coated.  I had someone write me back and said not to use it that it was possibly just coated and might be dangerous.  So I spent a good part of the day cutting up 4 to 5 feet of ¼ copper tubing into little itsy bitsy pieces.  I read somewhere in the last couple of days of someone doing this and said it worked fine.   I tested the quantity and it will fill the 1 inch inner tubing of my reflux completely full.
         I am sure you know a lot more about this than I do so what do you think I should do?  I have no problem at all scraping those gazzillon pieces of tubing I cut up if using the scrubbers is better.  I do want to be sure it is safe to use and if you say so, I’ll believe you and use it.

      David