Re: Someone PLEASE Help SOON..

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2011
      You've cut it too short to get that rig & product ready in time for the wedding. From the sounds of it, you've got about 12-18 months of learnin' before you get anything worth drinkin'. It's a great hobby, but it's not "wave a magic wand" territory. Think how long you'd spend learning to fly a jet plane. Same thing applies here, and same consequences if you screw up just once.

      If you must impress the wedding party with something, I'd advise buy some everclear, cut it 50/50 with water, add a bit of corn syrup (t/sp per 5th). That's as good as or probably better than backwoods moonshine.

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 10, 2011

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 10, 2011
          Harry

             The brand I have is in a 2 pack called “Quickie”  I bought them at Wal-Mart at least 3 years ago when I made my still.  I took some cutters and cut though a piece and saw no discoloration as if they were just copper coated.  I had someone write me back and said not to use it that it was possibly just coated and might be dangerous.  So I spent a good part of the day cutting up 4 to 5 feet of ¼ copper tubing into little itsy bitsy pieces.  I read somewhere in the last couple of days of someone doing this and said it worked fine.   I tested the quantity and it will fill the 1 inch inner tubing of my reflux completely full.
             I am sure you know a lot more about this than I do so what do you think I should do?  I have no problem at all scraping those gazzillon pieces of tubing I cut up if using the scrubbers is better.  I do want to be sure it is safe to use and if you say so, I’ll believe you and use it.

          David