Re: MUM's the Word

  • Eric Yendall
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 17, 2011
      Thanks for your response, Zymurgy Bob.

      I got good results with my two washes  so I must have been doing something right, but I am always open to tweaking recipes to get the most with the least. If I can cut out an ingredient or a step I am happy.

      I would like to dispense with the marmite (I prefer it on my toast:x lovestruck and it is expensive and hard to find in Canada) but I am not clear as to whether it is substituted for by the trub or by the tomato paste, or neither.

      I'll have to read up again on the JEM recipe.

      Thanks for the link but it does not appear to be working.

      Cheers

      Eric

    • Eric Yendall
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 18, 2011
        blue

        I use two lots of yeast. One, 1/4 cup is boiled with the nutrient mixture; the other, 60g, is pitched in the wash,

        Eric
      • bluejakeditto
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 18, 2011
          Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks.

        • bob@4agoodauction.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 19, 2011

            I use some store bought brewers yeast for body builders to pitch in the hot wort so it will all rupture.

            Bob

            This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.4194 when it was sent, using definitions version 10202