new still building. silicone bung idea.

  • JD
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2011
      Hey peeps,

      bin a long time , have bin lurking tough.

      sippin conrflake likker :D ,

      ANY HOW...

      i got permission to cut up an old lid from our old soup pan, wich snugly fits our new soup pan (2gallon) and with a little dough paste it would be sealed tight as a drum.

      For the riser i found silicone bungs used for waterlocks in fermenters. i wonderd if these are up against the hot vapor.
      I want to use it in the lid to stick an inch width,a yard high copper riser in it supported by something and liebig it of to a collector jar.

      other option is using washers and rubber rings. using compression fitting makes it more stable.

      Uhm..

      Thanks in Advance

      Greets

      JD