Re: Spirit Definition

  • harisaki2004
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16, 2011
      More info please, ie alc content and colour....

      If it is watered back to 40% and is clear I would call it oak chip vodka. Can you taste the oak? regards Hari.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "craft88888888" <mail4hansen@...> wrote:

      > Hypothetical question - according to the rules, what is the following product allowed to be labeled as, if it were to be sold commercially? The product is a double distilled, double carbon filtered spirit made from a sugar wash then flavored by oak chips. Thanks to all that reply.

    • craft88888888
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 16, 2011
        Sorry, should've added some more info for this hypothetical product. It is 80 proof, brown in color & tastes like whiskey. I have heard that you can't commercially call anything whiskey if it is made from sugar. That's the real question here. Thanks again
      • Adam Fordham
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 17, 2011

          I've put sugar nuetral on oak before. Try adding a tiny amount of honey or good maple syrup. Not bad. Not the same taste as grain but I liked it. I like my all grain much better though.

          Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

          Sorry, should've added some more info for this hypothetical product.  It is 80 proof, brown in color & tastes like whiskey.  I have heard that you can't commercially call anything whiskey if it is made from sugar.  That's the real question here.  Thanks again

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)