Re: Angle of lyne arm

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15 6:13 AM
      Thanks Harry,

      I am rebuilding my potstill. It's based on a 36L SS urn with two elements - 2Kw and 750w - which have separate power supplies.

      My plan is to create a boil-ball topped by a 500mm tapered column - 150mm to 54mm - with a 54mm elbow on top.
      Then a 54 to 35mm reducer* with 60cm of 35mm angled upwards at 45° before 35mm elbow + 35 to reducer down to my flake stand.

      I am trying to use items which I already possess, such as the 54mm elbow. I would have to buy the 60cm of 35mm, but, I do have a metre or so of 22mm on hand.

      * It would be cheaper to reduce 54mm to 22mm at this point and then take 60cm of 22mm upwards at 45°.

      Which would you recommend - quality of end product wise?
      --

      Slàinte mhath!

      Peter