5 persons killed 1 injured

  • The Piro
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14 12:16 AM
      I have posted this elsewhere

      On the News this morning

      Somewhere in England

      5 persons killed 1 injured in an explosion in a lockup.

      Police are keeping an open mind on what happened, but suspect that were brewing alcohol.

      They had the steel doors on the lockup bolted, which mad it difficult for the fire fighters to get in.

      Eyewitness said that there was no explosion but a lot of smoke and flames.

      I wonder if the were actually distilling, will keep an eye on the story

      Link to story is at

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-14146993

      Pyro
      ……………

      Further info from 0800Hrs news

      There is a suspicion that the men had been distilling Vodka, as the police had raided a number of local shops selling home brewed Vodka.

      Pyro
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14 10:10 AM
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "The Piro" <thepiro@...> wrote:

        > I have posted this elsewhere
        >
        > On the News this morning
        >
        > Somewhere in England
        >
        > 5 persons killed 1 injured in an explosion in a lockup.

        My take...also posted elsewhere.

        Gas burners... there's a good reason why the lyne arm on commercial Scotch potstills is up to 40 feet long and goes OUTSIDE THROUGH a wall to the condenser. Sorry to sound so negative, but flames & alc fumes don't play nice at the best of times. Worse still when the builder/operator has more interest in profits than safety, or is just plain stupid or ' cerebrally challenged'.

        Me? I use electric.

      • geoff burrows
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 14 12:06 PM
          Also there is a big Russian immigrant population living in Lincoln (read cheap labour force to gather crops)  and unsafe distilling practace