Angle of lyne arm

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11, 2011
      Harry. you said:

      "you can achieve a similar result by angling the

      lyne arm at the top of the neck to a 45° angle for about 60cm of

      length,"

      Is it 45° downwards or upwards before going down to the flake stand?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12, 2011
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peter@...> wrote:

        > Harry. you said:
        >
        > "you can achieve a similar result by angling the
        >
        > lyne arm at the top of the neck to a 45° angle for about 60cm of
        >
        > length,"
        >
        > Is it 45° downwards or upwards before going down to the flake stand?

        Sorry Peter, I answered your query but it vanished. Bloody Yahoo! is losing posts again (see logs below).

        Anyways, the line arm is angled UP for 60cm, then DOWN to the worm.
        Full details of the Glenmorangie Clone in post links...

        *today's logs:
        Jul 12, 2011 2:17 am peterg159 <peter@...> Message sent via web: "Angle of lyne arm"
        Jul 13, 2011 5:18 am gnikomson2000 <gnikomson2000@...> Message sent via web: "Re: Angle of lyne arm"
        Jul 13, 2011 5:35 am gnikomson2000 <gnikomson2000@...> Message sent via web: "Cocktails/Spirit-based Alcoholic Beverages"

        HTH

      • Peter
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 15, 2011
          Thanks Harry,

          I am rebuilding my potstill. It's based on a 36L SS urn with two elements - 2Kw and 750w - which have separate power supplies.

          My plan is to create a boil-ball topped by a 500mm tapered column - 150mm to 54mm - with a 54mm elbow on top.
          Then a 54 to 35mm reducer* with 60cm of 35mm angled upwards at 45° before 35mm elbow + 35 to reducer down to my flake stand.

          I am trying to use items which I already possess, such as the 54mm elbow. I would have to buy the 60cm of 35mm, but, I do have a metre or so of 22mm on hand.

          * It would be cheaper to reduce 54mm to 22mm at this point and then take 60cm of 22mm upwards at 45°.

          Which would you recommend - quality of end product wise?
          --

          Slàinte mhath!

          Peter