Re: Bourbon & Cola

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 8, 2011
      Coca-Cola was initially a soda fountain medicinal drink. Many of the soda flavors are similar to alcoholic liqueurs/cordials -

      http://tinyurl.com/3jjd4up

      wal

    • bob@4agoodauction.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 8, 2011

        Where is the coca leaf?   You could just use drops of the essences in a good 190 proof and put sugar and acid if you want it.

        Bob c

        This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.4194 when it was sent, using definitions version 9806
      • Ed Barcik
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 9, 2011

          What's the citric acid used for anyway?

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 10, 2011
            Balances the sweetness. Sweet,sour, bitter are basic beverage flavors.
            wal

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 10, 2011
              This is a cola syrup not an imitation of Coca-Cola. Pepsi-Cola does not have coca leaf extract, but did have pepsin enzyme as a digestive aid. You can add caffeine if you want, but its intention is a mixer for a spirit base.
              wal

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 10, 2011
                If you want background to coke see -

                http://sparror.cubecinema.com/cube/cola/chemistry/cola2.htm