Re: Rowley's Whiskey Forge : New Jersey Craft Distilling

  • tgfoitwoods
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3 12:35 PM
      Thanks for the link, Wal,

      It sounds very much like that law stems from a Washington State law of 2 or 3 years ago, also stipulating that more than 50% of the raw materials be grown in state. It's important to note that New Jersey's license costs $838 more than Washington's.

      As far as I can see, the results of Washington's law have been very positive. We have lots of new craft distillers in the state, and more on the way. Farmers also seem happy about it.

      As for the predicted downside, we don't seem to be infested with besotted teenagers rolling in their own filth in suburban gutters ... any more than usual, anyway.

      Zymurgy Bob, a aimple potstiller