Learning to Distill - Courses in Europe

  • Emil Lamprecht
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9 6:45 AM
      Hi there,

      a friend and I are desperately interested in learning how to distill. We're starting with practically no knowledge aside from online research, so the course would need to be pretty thorough. We're from the UK originally but live in Spain. Most of the courses I've found are in the US but we'd prefer to do them over here if possible.

      Anyone know of where I could find a course like this in the EU?

      Thanks!
      Emil
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9 1:07 PM
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Emil Lamprecht" <el@...> wrote:

        > Hi there,
        >
        > a friend and I are desperately interested in learning how to distill. We're starting with practically no knowledge aside from online research, so the course would need to be pretty thorough. We're from the UK originally but live in Spain. Most of the courses I've found are in the US but we'd prefer to do them over here if possible.
        >
        > Anyone know of where I could find a course like this in the EU?
        >
        > Thanks!
        > Emil

        Try ICBD...

        The International Centre for Brewing and Distilling (ICBD) at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, offers a four-year BSc in brewing and distilling, and a six-year MEng in chemical engineering with a diploma in industrial training(brewing and distillery technology), plus post-graduate courses in brewing and distilling.

        http://www.sls.hw.ac.uk/research/international-centre-for-brewing-distilling.htm

        HTH
        (groups owner)
        http://distillers.tastylime.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9 1:17 PM

          > Try ICBD...
          >
          > The International Centre for Brewing and Distilling (ICBD) at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, offers a four-year BSc in brewing and distilling, and a six-year MEng in chemical engineering with a diploma in industrial training(brewing and distillery technology), plus post-graduate courses in brewing and distilling.
          >
          > http://www.sls.hw.ac.uk/research/international-centre-for-brewing-distilling.htm
          >

          > HTH
          > Slainte!
          > regards Harry
          > (groups owner)
          > http://distillers.tastylime.net

          More options...

          So you want to work in: brewing and distilling

          http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2007/apr/28/careers.graduates1