Sensitive Subject!! Green Rum...

  • Todd Stewart
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2011
      Sensitive Subject, I have to start with.

      I form this email COMPLETELY in "theory"...

      So, with that said..

      Within the U.S. many states have legalized, or at least de-criminalized the
      use of marijuana and its by-products for medicinal use.

      i.e. Butter for brownies/cookies, as well as farmers markets.
      Being that THC is soluble in FAT (butter) and Alcohol (ethanol)

      My question, simply as an Artisanal aspect... has anyone successfully
      created a "GreenRum"  ??     I would imagine it would be spiced to balance
      the flavor.. proof to weight ration must be a consideration..

      Again, I apologize for the crassness of the post, but with the world as it is...
      I have to ponder the possibilities.

      -xlc

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2011
        Cannabis sativa is not particularly aromatic as a infusion botanical - rather bitter on its own. Fresh leaves need to be heated to make the THC potent - 2 minutes in a microwave will work.
        wal

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2011
          Dry leaves need 3 lots of 20 seconds in a microwave to activate the medicinal THC.
          wal

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 8, 2011
            See
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_foods