Re: Lincoln County Process

    Message 1 of 5 , May 4 10:07 AM
      Interesting blog from Chuck Cowdery...

      http://chuckcowdery.blogspot.com/2009/02/tennessee-whiskey-versus-bourbon.html

    • Timothy Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5 9:01 AM
        I've been told pvc will leave a plastic smell in the drink. It would surely be sad to take so much time and care to produce fine whisky only to smell or taste plastic in a few years. Could be that the charcoal or the barrel would suck it up.
        Something to ponder?

        Tim
      • jim horton
        Message 3 of 5 , May 5 4:35 PM
          i would use stainless steel, glass, or a small wood barrel to place the charcoal in for filtering. personally i use a 2 gallon glass jar.