Re: Verbena

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 20, 2011
      Lemon verbena (Aloysia triphylla)

      Liquore all'Erba Luisa

      100 leaves
      1 lemon (quartered)
      1 litre neutral alcohol 40%abv
      Macerate for 2 weeks, strain and sweeten with 1-2 cups sugar/litre

      Also msg 31776, 31801

      wal

    • bob@4agoodauction.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 20, 2011

        Angelica root goes well with lemon verbena clean taste to the pallet--

        Bob c

        This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.3904 when it was sent, using definitions version 9072
      • gff_stwrt
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 20, 2011
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, <bob@...> wrote:

          > Angelica root goes well with lemon verbena clean taste to the pallet--
          >
          > Bob c
          >
          >Thanks, Bob.
          I am thinking of ordering some spices on the internet soon (can only get small quantities of a limited range at high prices, locally) so will include some angelica.
          The Baker
        • gff_stwrt
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 20, 2011
            Hi, folks, and thanks, Wal,

            This is going to be interesting....
            I think I'll borrow my wife's measuring cup, say 250 ml, and pick a few more leaves, see how many leaves it takes to fill.
            Then I will measure the volume of a jar the same size as the ones I used, and figure how many leaves would be in each of the two jars.
            I might well have a couple of THOUSAND leaves macerating! The jars are a bit short of two litres. Each. Lightly packed.

            I might end up making some verbena liqueur and keep most of it as an essence.

            Regards,

            The Baker

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 21, 2011
              An Italian Liquore all'erba Luisa has these optional herbs to 70 lemon verbena leaves and zest of 1/2 lemon (1 litre/quart) -

              1 small rosemary branch
              3 cloves
              3 sage leaves
              3 mint leaves
              pinch cinnamon

            • bob@4agoodauction.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 22, 2011

                < thinking of ordering some spices on the internet soon (can only get small quantities of a limited range at high prices, locally) so will include some angelica.
                The Baker

                I buy mine from the spice rack at any Mercado or Mexican grocery store.

                Bob c

                This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.3904 when it was sent, using definitions version 9082
              • gff_stwrt
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 22, 2011
                  Thanks Bob.

                  Unfortunately for me there are few or none of these stores in Australia, where I live.
                  But the information will be helpful to others.

                  Regards,
                  The Baker

                  --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, <bob@...> wrote:

                  > < thinking of ordering some spices on the internet soon (can only get small
                  > quantities of a limited range at high prices, locally) so will include some
                  > angelica.
                  > The Baker
                  >
                  > I buy mine from the spice rack at any Mercado or Mexican grocery store.
                  >

                  > Bob c
                  >

                  > This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.3904 when it was sent, using
                  > definitions version 9082

                • Stephen Dean
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 22, 2011

                    Hi Baker,

                    Google “mail order herbs and spices Australia” for a selection of Australian on-line Herb & Spice suppliers.

                    Regards,

                    SGD2945