Recipes from Zuid-Afrika

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2011
      It appears that there has been an easing of distilling laws in South Africa. Here is a site that has some interesting recipes -

      http://www.distillique.co.za/documents/recipes.html

      wal
    • Tom
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 8, 2011
        Has anyone tried the Bread Whiskey recipe? If so, what ABV will it develop? Is the distillate tasty? Should it be run through a pot still to capture flavors or through a reflux still just to get the goodie out of it?

        Thanks,

        Tom

        > It appears that there has been an easing of distilling laws in South Africa. Here is a site that has some interesting recipes -
        >
        > http://www.distillique.co.za/documents/recipes.html
        >

        > wal

      • jamesonbeam1
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2011
          Hi Wal,

          I added several of these recipes to the new recipe file im creating in New Distillers - New Distiller's Recipe File

          If you or anyone else comes across some interesting recipes, please let me know.  Also if anyone has some good recipes, please tell me and i will add them.

          Thanks,

          JB. aka Waldo.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 11, 2011
            A bread mash has been discussed some time ago -

            wal