Re: Distillers/New Distillers

  • Pete H
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2011
      I think it is as much of an issue with responders as it is with posters of questions.

      If answers offered to questions on New Distillers were indeed in newbie language, there might be some value in having both sites.

      It must be remembered that newbies most often are looking for answers, although at times helpful discoveries are made which a newbie then wishes to share. If the answers are delivered in hi-brow technical, abbreviated language, as they often are on Distillers, then why bother with the separate New(bie) Distillers site.
      It would then be simpler for moderators to control too.

      And at what stage are one's questions no longer "newbie"? Is there a test?

      Ah well, back to the wading pool until I can swim like the big boys.

      Personally I visit and read both sites.