Home distillers to Professional?

  • matthew
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 11:38 AM
      Hey all ~

      I've been invited to write an article for a US magazine involving, among other things,  the influence of home/hobbyist distilling in the resurgence of American craft distilling. I'm interested in in speaking to professional distillers working in the United States who got their starts using stills at home. If you -- or someone you know -- is working in a legal distillery, but learned to make spirits on your own time, please e-mail me at moonshinearchives@....

      By now, many of you in the US know that I am a champion for distilling and have no intention to reveal the identity of anyone who doesn't want to be identified as a current or one-time home distiller. For background on my writing about spirits, please see my 2007 book Moonshine, visit my website, www.whiskeyforge.com  and especially check out As Surely as Thunder Follows Lightning , a 2010 talk I gave to the American Distilling Institute about contemporary home distilling and moonshine.

      My deadline is Saturday, March 12, 2011. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Cheers,

      Rowley
    • jamesonbeam1
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2 5:32 AM
        Hi again Matthew,

        If you remember, Harry and I responded to that great article of yours.
        If you dont mind, let me repost this message in our New Distillers site.
        I know of at least one member who works in a professional winery that
        just purchased a still from Colonel Wilson and is intending to produce
        commercial rum as part of their product line. maybe he might be
        interested in talking to you.

        Keep up the good work.

        JB. aka Waldo.

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "matthew" <moonshinearchives@...>