Re: worm question

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 6, 2011
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "CRSound" <crsound@...> wrote:

      > Hey Dan what is a FLAKE Stand?
      > I had an issue with My Pot still connection to My Barell of 25 Foot 3/8 inch copper. What I found was where I used a tubing cutter and then flare tool, the tubing cutter left behind a small lip of copper and when I put that to the flange tool it would not come out uneven. Other words the flange was allays lop sided. To fix this just do the cut, and then look very close at the cut and make sure it is the same all a round before you flange it, use a box knife to adjust. After that I had no issues with any of my soldering or joints/couplers. As I have only one coupler to worry over this was a big relief. So What is a FLAKE?
      > Over the Rail N' Down The Hatch,, its the little things that make us better !
      >

      > I am changing to a worm for condensing and am having a problem getting it to seal where it goes through the wall of the flake stand.

      Flake stand is the water barrel that the worm sits in.

    • stillyaakman
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 9, 2011
        > A 5 dollar tube of silicone will do the job. It only contacts water, not the alcohol inside the worm. Give it 24 hrs to cure and it will prolly last for years.

        Hi Harry and guys,
        I solved the problem by the method I described. It worked well. I would have used silicone if the funds had been available,but had to rely on material on hand.
        dan
      • CRSound
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 9, 2011
          Way to go,I used a sealant of silicone, then after it leaked I used GUNK(a Glue) and it did not leak as it really never set's