Best Triac circuit?

  • windsor11g
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2011
      Hello all,
      I want to build a power control for a 5500 watt immersion element (220vac 60hz). I have a 40 amp Triac that should do the job nicely. I see in your "files" section 2 schematics in the "Triac-Circuits" folder that are basically the same, and also one more schematic in a Word document lower on the "Files" page. This one has some slight differences, for instance, it does not have the 4.7K 5 watt resistor that is listed in the other 2 schematics.
      Which schematic is the best to use, or is there another one that I should try?

      Also, I work with electronics and 220vac regularly. I have built many circuits and "kits". This is just to clarify my knowledge level.

      Thank you.