Cyclone Yasi

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2011
      More shit coming our way. Biggest blow I've seen in 40 years. I'm right in its path.

      Sat pics...

      http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemil ... mscol.html

      Track...

      http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml

      ps
      Currently making preparations so won't post much for a while.  Expect to be off-air altogether in 24-36 hrs time.  Gotta make time for a wee dram too.  :)

      Owner :         Y! new_distillers    Y! Distillers    The Alcohol Library
      Forums Info:  FAQ    Policy    Settings   Web Access  Trading Post

    • Bill Healey

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 31, 2011
          My first thought was that the Man was comin' down on you.

          I am in Canada, and know snow and cold, not tropical cyclone storms.

          Wishing you the best.

          More shit coming our way. Biggest blow I've seen in 40 years. I'm right in its path.

          Sat pics...

          http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemil ... mscol.html

          Track...

          http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml

          ps
          Currently making preparations so won't post much for a while.  Expect to be off-air altogether in 24-36 hrs time.  Gotta make time for a wee dram too.  :)

          Owner :         Y! new_distillers    Y! Distillers    The Alcohol Library
          Forums Info:  FAQ    Policy    Settings   Web Access  Trading Post

        • Juan C. Fuentes M.
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2011
            God be with you. I am praying for you in Venezuela.

            Regards

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2011
              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

              > More shit coming our way. Biggest blow I've seen in 40 years. I'm right in its path.
              >
              > Sat pics...
              >
              > http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemil ... mscol.html
              >

              > Track...
              >
              > http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml
              >

              > Slainte!
              > regards Harry
              >
              > ps
              > Currently making preparations so won't post much for a while.  Expect to be off-air altogether in 24-36 hrs time.  Gotta make time for a wee dram too.  :)

              Batten 'er down Harry.

              Can't help thinking' is the likker industry not using enough oak barrels anymore? Are the Angels no longer getting their share? Are they getting agro?

              ------------------------------
            • geoff burrows
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2011
                Hope you and yours make through OK  Harry.  What's that they say if it gets really rough sit down relax put your head between your leg and kiss your a*s goodbye lol.  Keep your chin up Harry and good luck
                Geoff
              • mav
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2011
                  Harry, you've got a ripper one comming in!. If I was you, I'd be moving my thongs up stairs! And I don't mean your undies!

                  A big blow comming! I'm a Townsville boy so I've met a few of these tropical lows. Many years ago. I'm glad I'm down south now days.

                  Best luck mate
                  Marc

                  Ps. My boy memory of a cyclone, gale force winds ripping through the town, I saw the roof rip off the local Commonwealth Bank. I raced down stairs tell my mother I'm going money catching......

                  --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

                  > More shit coming our way. Biggest blow I've seen in 40 years. I'm right in its path.
                  >
                  > Sat pics...
                  >
                  > http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemil ... mscol.html
                  >

                  > Track...
                  >
                  > http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml
                  >

                  > Slainte!
                  > regards Harry
                  >
                  > ps
                  > Currently making preparations so won't post much for a while.  Expect to be off-air altogether in 24-36 hrs time.  Gotta make time for a wee dram too.  :)
                  >

                  > Slainte!
                  > regards Harry
                  > Owner :         Y! new_distillers    Y! Distillers    The Alcohol Library
                  > Forums Info:  FAQ    Policy    Settings   Web Access  Trading Post

                • duds2u
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 8, 2011
                    --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

                    > More shit coming our way. Biggest blow I've seen in 40 years. I'm right in its path.

                    G'day Harry.
                    Geez, you guys up there have certainly stirred up the weather gods.

                    I know you are not real high up so I hope you survived OK.

                    If you got hit real hard and your aging supplies are gone give me a bell and I'll send you some real Scottish made sustinence.
                    Cheers
                    Mal
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 8, 2011
                      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "duds2u" <taylormc@...> wrote:

                      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Harry <gnikomson2000@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > More shit coming our way. Biggest blow I've seen in 40 years. I'm right in its path.
                      > >
                      > G'day Harry.
                      > Geez, you guys up there have certainly stirred up the weather gods.
                      >
                      > I know you are not real high up so I hope you survived OK.
                      >
                      > If you got hit real hard and your aging supplies are gone give me a bell and I'll send you some real Scottish made sustinence.
                      > Cheers
                      > Mal

                      I'm at sea level, 150k north of the real damage. Got plenty of booze, but I'm a bit worried about this year's molasses supplies. Thanks anyway for the offer Mal. She'll be right. ;)
                      Cheers!