Re: Corn Vodka / simultaneous saccharification and fermentation / A. niger and S. ceverisae

  • Juan C. Fuentes M.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2011
    Hi Eddi, I read koji fungus (Aspergillus oryzae) is a strong producer of amilasa, and that's way it can convert starch into smaller sugars.

    What do you think about Asperguillus niger?

    I have a paper, I send you - 43-241.pdf - , were some one use Asperguillus niger and Saccharomyces ceverisae to produce ethanol.

    Does anyone here has ever done something like that?

    I am also worry about A. niger - toxins, I send you a paper - 60.pdf -

    Do you know is I can eliminate toxins in distillation process?

    De: CRSound <crsound@...>
    Asunto: [Distillers] Re: Corn Vodka
    Para: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
    Fecha: domingo, 30 de enero, 2011 05:00

    > Hi, I had made vodka using only corn. I use HCl, so expensive by the way,  to hydrolyze the starch.

    Ya Know man Most KY & TN liquor does not use this product ?

    So why would you ?I just read in a biochemistry book about hydrolyze the starch. There were two ways. First using acid (HCl or H2SO4). Second using enzymes, I do not have enzymes so I use acid :-(Please, could you give me a recipe for corn vodka?is it possible reduce starch into smaller sugar using a fungus or bacteria?I have several bacterias and fungus right to my hand, or I can buy it.

    Over The Rail N' Down The Hatch