Re: Reflux Collection Systems

  • jamesarobinson@xtra.co.nz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2011
      Hi Harry,
      What I am after is ideas for modifying existing reflux condensers to collect the reflux and not send it directly back down the column to the top of the packing. By diverting it outside the column before sending it back I can quickly convert to LM (from VM) with the use of a needle valve or use the facility to tap off the heads without polluting the VM arm. I also want to carry out some experiments with putting the reflux back at some point down the column to see if there were any positive feedback effects .Got this idea from Mike's vapour reflux paper.(Hope testing has resumed and you are having positive results).I currently have a modified Nixon Stone that gives me this facility but was looking for a simpler way, and from memory the drawings I saw on Artisan? were all on this one theme .i.e. reflux collection with different condenser types.

      Would love to see your drawings again to give me inspiration and would welcome any comment on my positive feedback idea.

      Cheers,
      Jim