Re: Aging unoaked brandy

  • clearweather714
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 14, 2011
      ZB

      As a commercial winemaker I had to learn patience. everything comes around in it's own time. It is a hard lesson to balance time and cash flow while starting out. What I tend to see here and in the industry is that everything is based on how quick you can get a product completed. Quantity over quality....

      It appears to me that the people who have been making wine or distilling for a long time have learned this lesson. A good fermentation takes time.. Proper aging takes time.. Drinking can be quick but savoring takes time.

      PS... I am still chuckling over your soapbox comment. Very appropriate though. It could be a very interesting challenge.