I can't this out please help

  • oblitze
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2010
      OK, I ran 12-12G stripping runs pulling off 1/2G for head. 1G for mids, and another half a gallon for tails. At the end of these 12 runs I reran the heads and tails by themselves giving me another 1 1/2G mids.
      I am in the middle of my polishing run effectively 13.5G at 55%. I have it at 1 to 5 reflux and the power at half what I use on the stripping runs. I have pulled off 2.5G and the steam temp hasn't gone over 171 yet. What am I doing wrong.
    • bruce cook
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2010
        What is the altitude where you are distilling?

        To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
        From: oblitze@...
        Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 19:35:25 +0000
        Subject: [Distillers] I can't this out please help

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2011
          Sorry I thought I already replied, I must have hit the wrong button or something.
          I at about 4200 ft above sea level. Normally with my set up I can run 12 of 12%wash in about 5 hours. I've done a number of these stripping runs, and figured at my altitude I collect mids between 174-176f. On the polishing runs I had 12G of mids (diluted to 55%) at I had collected for previous runs. The color and taste that was coming out I figured out came from, I had not cleaned my column well enough and the packing was too tight. What I still don't get is why It took 8.5 hours and 5.5G to get past what is normally the range I collect heads at 169-173f.