Carbon Life

  • edbar44
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2010
      Does anyone have an idea how long carbon can be used? I don't clean it, I just replace it.I've been filtering for a few years now and never really paid close attention and would just change out the carbon on a regular basis but the last time I decided to keep track and I'm at 35 liters now and there is absolutely no off flavor or odor, just wondered how long it could go. My filter holds 1.8 liters of dry carbon, is a 1 1/2" X 6' long copper column.