Re: Other yeasts for rum

  • azeotech
    Message 1 of 50 , Dec 7, 2010
      This was interesting, re enzymes for molasses and grains, I'll let the article do the talking...:-)

      http://www.biotimes.com/en/Articles/2010/december/Pages/enzymestakeonindiandistillinggreateryieldforalcohols.aspx

      Hope it's interesting, the quoted extra gain from molasses was 5-10L per ton (ton or tonne?)of molasses. So many variables involved though, one would have perform own trials with available feedstock to gauge the real returns... assuming samples are available (which they often are from regional distributors)
      Message 50 of 50 , Feb 10, 2011
        Normally there is enough lactic bacteria in the air - just leave some milk out and see what happens. Some strains can actually spoil wine. Look up malo-lactic fermentation. In Jamaica they just leave dunder to mother nature.
        wal