I found this Website

  • waljaco@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 27, 2010
      Hi there,

      I found this website that does "everything distilling".

      Thought you may find it interesting as well!

      Have a great day

      http://www.distillique.co.za/documents/marula_mampoer.html

      Visit www.Distillique.co.za for legal, safe and highly enjoyable home and boutique distilling.
    • azeotech
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 28, 2010
        Absoulutely brilliant section "How it's made". Show the construction of alembics from the sheet, and for those involved in construction of their own equipment, or intending to, it's very useful and informative!

        Thanks for the link, they look similar to the Portuguese alembics at http://www.copper-alembic.com, and these are the guys that actually make them...

        http://www.al-ambiq.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 29, 2010
          What is interesting is that distillique.co.za sell components of the well known compact still. For some one wanting to build one, the trickiest part is the condenser and needle valve. They sell the reflux condenser for 695 South African Rand which is $US98.

          http://www.distillique.co.za/documents/shop_1.php?cat=4

          U.S. manufacturers should emulate selling components for the not too handy handymen.
          wal

          Message 4 of 5 , May 14, 2011

            http://www.distillique.co.za/documents/ethanol_batteries.html

            Message 5 of 5 , May 14, 2011