Dried Molasses product

  • missouri_bootlegger
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2010
      Has any one ever used dried molasses? the feed store where I get molasses for my rum brew ( I use the molasses that is sold for attracting deer) was out but they had some dried molasses so I thought I would give it a try it is 35% sugar (as invert)

      Normally I use ½ gal molasses (85 brix) to 20 lbs of sugar and +-10 gal of water adjusted to 1.080 sg, 3tlbs Dap and ¼ cup distillers yeast

      I have 50 pounds of it and 50 pounds of sugar and two 15 gal fermenters any ideas