Re: What do we lose when distilling's forbidden?

  • tgfoitwoods
    Message 1 of 30 , Sep 16, 2010
      Dang, Geoff,

      I never gave the word a second thought, 'cause it fit so well in
      context. Intercourse has also become a kind of trigger word, like
      "chauvinism", which means nationalism or regionalism and not gender
      bias. And then there's "predator" which has come to mean people who hump
      the wrong people, instead of thangs that eat jackrabbits.

      It's all so confusing.

      Another point for the Christian Brothers: they used to make a so-so
      brandy.

      Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "geoff burrows" <jeffrey.burrows@...>
      wrote:

      > I know Joe doesn't need any help out here. But here is
      the defination of "intercourse" as used in the context Joe was
      intending it to be used . Say what you like about the Christian
      Brothers they taught english and everyone understood the language and
      the use of the language perfectly so double meaning or not if you used a
      word in the correct context there could only be one meaning
      > Geoff
      >
      > Definitions of 'intercourse' Webster Dictionary
      >

      > 1. (noun) intercourse
      > a commingling; intimate connection or dealings between persons
      or nations, as in common affairs and civilities, in correspondence or
      trade; communication; commerce; especially, interchange of thought and
      feeling; association; communion