Re: Two admitted to hospital for alcohol a minute

  • Geoff Stewart
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 14, 2010
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Stewart <StewartDBA@...> wrote:

      > I have often struggled with the question 'does alcohol make you violent'.  I have seen good people turn into jerks when they drink, and other come out of their shell and become social.

      SNIP

      Hi, Jeff and folks,

      This brought to mind the classic stages of inebriation;

      'jocose, verbose, bellicose, lachrymose, comatose';

      which goes a long way towards explaining your mystery.

      It largely depends on how affected you are by alcohol (and of course some people will drink more than others and their tolerance will vary too...)

      As you get drunker your behaviour tends to alter, from friendly and jokey, to over-talkative, to wanting to fight, to teary, to being in a coma and at serious risk of death.

      (When my daughter who was training to be a nurse was at a night-time football function she found a young man pretty much comatose and lying on the cold ground where his 'friends' had left him.
      She immediately brought him home and put him in a bath of warm water, which undoubtedly saved his life.)

      Regards,

      The Baker

      PS I always love to see your name, as you could guess from my e-mail address!
    • Steve Spence
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 14, 2010
        I usually go from jocose straight to sleepytose.

        Steve Spence
        Renewable energy and self sufficiency
        http://www.green-trust.org
        http://arduinotronics.blogspot.com/