Re:Complicated

  • Ian Pilcher
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 2, 2010

      Sorry Dude I failed notice any ATTITUDE in my posting, I’ll be more vigilant next time.

      Ozilikkerman

    • Ian Pilcher
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 2, 2010

        thursty2,

        It’s my own design nothing flash as I’m not into complicated designs.

        I’ve been at it for almost a lifetime as you can see if you were to go way back in the groups archives.

        The return is from a 25ltr wash and takes four hours and final temp. never goes over 83 degrees, simple but effective.

        I will admit that it has taken some years to perfect.

        As for the guy who wants to know about Grappa, don’t touch the stuff so don’t make it, Fruit Schnapps, Rum from molasses, whisky from corn and vodka from potatoes are all done in my, once again, perfected Pot Still.

        Ozilikkerman

      • Ian Pilcher
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 2, 2010

          Correction on the percentage old mate, you can only retrieve 95% from a not vacuum still.

           Ozilikkerman

        • Ian Pilcher
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 2, 2010

            nebskram@...

            Point taken

            Ozi

          • abbababbaccc
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 5, 2010
              Your correction is incorrect. 95.6% (rounds up to 96%) is ethanol's azeotrope, not 95%.

              Slainte, Riku

              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Pilcher" <pilch@...> wrote:

              > Correction on the percentage old mate, you can only retrieve 95% from a not
              > vacuum still.
              >
              > Ozilikkerman

            • Ian Pilcher
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 6, 2010

                I stand corrected; it is 96% and 100% from a vacuum still.

                Ozilikkerman