Re: Crossflow condenser design.

  • landrover_ffr
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 2:42 PM
      Hi Hari,
      I experienced the same vapour escape issue the first time I ran my x-flow on my VM rig which cause me to panic a bit. But I don't think it's x-flow only issue.
      I added another condenser on the top and that seemed to solver things, but hard to diagnose when the top of the still is 10 feet in the air.
      Anyway now the vapour wafts out the product condenser at the start of take off. I can now smell it and it's defiantly not something I want to keep!
      Harry will be right about it having some ethanol in it. To me it smells like an acetate so vial one good sniff of it could render you unable to make good cuts for a week. For purely interests sake I love to know exactly what it is, but luckily there isn't much of it.
      REgards,
      Sid.