Re: Complicated

    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 1, 2010
      ...And you need 3 gallons per hour @ azeotrope because??!?

      Hardly beverage hobbyist size.

      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 1, 2010
        Ok, forget my last post. I recall now you are a fueller.
        We do try to keep the two hobbies separate to save confusion (such as I just displayed). That's why Tom runs alcoholfuel group.

        > ...And you need 3 gallons per hour @ azeotrope because??!?
        >
        > Hardly beverage hobbyist size.
        >

        > Slainte!
        > regards Harry

      • Ian Pilcher
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 2, 2010

          Sorry Dude I failed notice any ATTITUDE in my posting, I’ll be more vigilant next time.

          Ozilikkerman

        • Ian Pilcher
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 2, 2010

            thursty2,

            It’s my own design nothing flash as I’m not into complicated designs.

            I’ve been at it for almost a lifetime as you can see if you were to go way back in the groups archives.

            The return is from a 25ltr wash and takes four hours and final temp. never goes over 83 degrees, simple but effective.

            I will admit that it has taken some years to perfect.

            As for the guy who wants to know about Grappa, don’t touch the stuff so don’t make it, Fruit Schnapps, Rum from molasses, whisky from corn and vodka from potatoes are all done in my, once again, perfected Pot Still.

            Ozilikkerman

          • Ian Pilcher
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 2, 2010

              Correction on the percentage old mate, you can only retrieve 95% from a not vacuum still.

               Ozilikkerman

            • Ian Pilcher
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 2, 2010

                nebskram@...

                Point taken

                Ozi

              • abbababbaccc
                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 5, 2010
                  Your correction is incorrect. 95.6% (rounds up to 96%) is ethanol's azeotrope, not 95%.

                  Slainte, Riku

                  --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Pilcher" <pilch@...> wrote:

                  > Correction on the percentage old mate, you can only retrieve 95% from a not
                  > vacuum still.
                  >
                  > Ozilikkerman

                • Ian Pilcher
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 6, 2010

                    I stand corrected; it is 96% and 100% from a vacuum still.

                    Ozilikkerman