star anise

  • Jeanette Dunphy
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3, 2002
      - I've started soaking
      > some star aniseed (with a small amount of lemon
      > rind, vanilla & fennel
      > seeds) in some neutral 95% alcohol. Plan to soak it
      > for two weeks, then

      Tony,
      I bought some star anise a few months ago. I was
      hoping to use it to make some Galiano. What I bought
      smelt awful. Is it supposed to smell a little like
      aniseed? Cause this stuff doesn't. Could be stale I
      guess.
      Anyway, I ended up going to the supermarket and buying
      some anise essence, and it has worked supurbly.
      Blended with a few drops of vanilla. HMMMMMMM>

      Jeanette

      http://www.sold.com.au - SOLD.com.au Auctions
      - 1,000s of Bargains!
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 8, 2002
        Greek site about ouzo ingredients (in English):
        http://www.chios.gr/products/ouzo_en.htm

        Wal
      • vetomeyou
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 7 12:32 AM
          Can someone tell me where I can find a recipe for Ouzo?
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 7 1:40 AM
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "vetomeyou"
            <richardljohnson@s...> wrote:
            > Can someone tell me where I can find a recipe for Ouzo?

            Search the archives...
            18503 Re: ouzo recipe waljaco waljaco Fri 1/23/2004
            18502 Re: ouzo recipe waljaco waljaco Fri 1/23/2004
            18399 ouzo recipe aptshaffer aptshaffer Mon 1/19/2004

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 8 8:38 PM
              See -

              wal