RE: Tasmania's maturing whisky trade

  • mav
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2010
      G'day members, Last night here in AUS, I was watching the ABC 7:30 Report and they had a story about the Sullivans cove distillery in Tasmania.

      "Far from its traditional home of Scotland and Ireland, the whisky trade has arrived in Australia – and with six established distilleries and counting, Tasmania is fast becoming Australia's `whisky island".

      "MARTIN CUDDIHY, REPORTER: In the early 1800s Tasmania was home to 16 distilleries and produced some of the finest whisky in the colony until one by one they were outlawed and shut down. Now nearly 200 years on there's a spiritual revival"

      Here is transcript and the video link is to right of the transcript text. It worth it! You can see Bill Lark cutting his own Peat at his bog and Sullivans cove Distillery.

      http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2010/s2953818.htm

      or

      http://tinyurl.com/28khccr

      Cheers